Tiffany Elie Wedding makeup
Rated 4.9/5 on Wedding Wire, Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry is a preferred vendor for brides in the Metro Detroit area, providing natural, long-lasting makeup on their special day and beyond.
- Each bride receives a custom look created at their bridal preview appointment
- The artist doing the bridal preview will always be the same artist recreating it on the wedding day
- A full studio set-up is provided on-location with makeup chairs and lighting to mimic natural lighting
- Long-wearing professional makeup kit
- Lipsticks and glosses are available for touch ups
- The team handles all scheduling and timing so day runs smoothly
- Extended makeup kit for all skin depths of color
- Lashes included - individual, strip, and lashes for Asian monolids
- Experience and special products for mature skin- so mothers and grandmothers look and feel beautiful on this special day too.
You can read the fabulous reviews and view samples of work on the Wedding Wire site.
Booking Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry for your wedding or event is easy.
First, check the availability of your wedding date with Tiffany via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide details such as location, time, and number of people requiring makeup services.
Second, request and fill out the Bridal Makeup Contract. You will get confirmation from Tiffany once it has been received and reviewed and she will share a total amount for the deposit.
Third, a deposit for 50% of total services will be required to secure the date. This can be paid via check to Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry, or Venmo payment @Tiffany-Elie.
There are a couple of options for booking the date. 1) You can book the date and then schedule a trail and consultation some time before your wedding. 2) You can do a trail run of your makeup before reserving the date. If you are confident in Tiffany's makeup style and like what you see in her portfolio, you should go with option 1. If you are unsure, it's best to go with option 2 and gain confidence through a trial first.
You can visit Tiffany's home studio or she will travel to your location and do your makeup as if it were the day of your wedding. You will meet for 1 to 1 and a half hours to create your custom look. You can preview the look, wear it for the day and evening to understand what it looks like in different lighting. The makeup will last about 12-15 hours.
How important is a trial?
Makeup trials are highly recommended. Like any service at a wedding, a test-run is the best way to ensure it turns out exactly as you imagine. Tiffany takes photos and writes down each step like a recipe card so there are no surprises on your wedding day.
Scheduling a trial
Makeup artists can be booked up to a year in advance so it’s a good idea to schedule your trial and consultation several months ahead of the big day. Tiffany will reach out regarding a trial a few months prior to the event if you have not scheduled one yet.
Sometimes it can work out to schedule a makeup trial on the same day as a dress fitting so you can really get the whole look.
Allow an hour and a half for the trial and please arrive with a clean and moisturized face.
Note: Scheduling during daylight hours is ideal for getting the best natural lighting.
When scheduling a makeup trial it is often possible to coordinate hair as well.
photos & inspiration
Ahead of the trial it can be helpful to share photos of the following items with Tiffany to incorporate into your look: a photo of you, your wedding dress, floral arrangements, bridesmaid dresses, any additional elements of your wedding that would provide a feel for the style you are going for. Tiffany will use those elements to create a Pinterest board which she will share at the trial. She takes into consideration your skin tone and chooses colors, textures and formulas to give you a more glamorous version of yourself, highlighting your best features.
The cost of a makeup trial is $85
All minimums are stated on our contracts.
Saturdays, May-October require a 4 adult minimum.
While Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry does not specialize in hair styling, the team partners with professionals they trust to provide full-service for your wedding day. These hair artists focus and specialize in hair only and have many years of not only salon experience, but bridal experience!
To help acquire your dream look, it is required that all brides schedule a trial for their hair services. During your hair trial you will go over your style, dress and the vibe of your wedding. Together with the hair stylist, you will design a look that will compliment your face shape, dress and veil.
Please arrive with clean, dry hair. If you would like a shampoo and blow out, an additional fee will apply.
Bring photos of styles you love as well as:
- Veil or headpiece if you have them
- Any hair jewelry you may be considering
- Clip in hair extensions for that wow factor. Email us for more details on where to get them.
Saturdays, May-October require a 4 adult minimum.
On the contract, brides will be asked to provide the total number of people receiving makeup application, the location of wedding prep and room name if applicable, and desired end time (hint: your photographer or wedding planner may want to weigh in on this).
Tiffany will then create a detailed schedule down to 30 minute increments to be shared with all necessary parties.
She asks that clients arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time with clean, moisturized faces for makeup application. This, along with refraining from cell phone use and other distractions, will ensure all time goals are met.
To minimize stress on wedding day, it is suggested to designate a family member or close friend to collect payment on behalf of all wedding party members to ensure the balance and any gratuity is paid in a single transaction.
Tiffany and her team will arrive 15-30 minutes prior to scheduled start, equipped with a full makeup kit, which provides access to the best long-wearing, waterproof and high-definition makeup available today. They have products for every skin type and color, and portable studio lighting and seating to set up in any space.
Faux lashes are always available to each client as part of the makeup application.
Large Wedding Parties
For larger wedding parties, usually 6 or more, Tiffany partners with a group of associate makeup artists and hair stylists. They all share a similar clean and classic aesthetic and create beautiful and tasteful makeup looks suited to your formal event. Whether your style is romantic, formal, retro or whimsical, they can translate your vision flawlessly.
Items to consider for prep space
- Access to natural light as daylight is best for makeup application
- Additional power strips if plugs are few and far between
- Space for wedding party members to wait for their appointment
Rates & fees
- Bridal makeup application (1 hr 20 min) $110
- Includes lashes
- Bridal Hair $100
- Includes veil placement and any accessories
- Bridal Hair and Makeup $160
- Includes lashes, veil placement and any accessories
- Traditional Makeup $85
- Junior Bridesmaid Makeup $50
- Age 6-13, over 13 please refer to adult pricing
- Hair $85
- Junior Bridesmaid Hair $65
- Flower Girl Hair $50
- Includes shimmer and lip gloss application
- Tattoo cover up (please inquire)
Airbrush makeup can be added for $10
- Travel fee varies based on distance from Huntington Woods, MI
- Assistant fees may be added with wedding parties of 6 or more $15 per hr per assistant
- Parking fees may be incurred related to valet, tolls, etc.
- Early morning fees for arrival times prior to 7am are added at a rate of $50 per half hour. Arrival prior to 5:30am requires overnight accommodations.
- Holiday services will require time and a half
For parties of 6 or more, 20% gratuity will be added and can be paid in cash or check on the date of service.
Payment must be made in full by the party that booked Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry rather than multiple payments from individuals
Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry accepts cash, check to Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry, or Venmo payments @Tiffany-Elie.
Many brides are currently seeking options for small, intimate, wedding ceremonies amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry & Associates is now offering services for the bride individually or a small group of immediate family and friends.
Couples choosing to celebrate their wedding at home, outdoors, or with limited guests can expect the Tiffany Elie Makeup Artistry team to employ the highest levels of care and sanitation. In addition to the protocols highlighted HERE, the makeup and hair team will strategize arrival and departure to ensure vendors appear at staggered times. This aligns with social distancing best practices and limits the amount of people in a given space.